ello friends! Samantha here and I'll be your host for this weeks Studio Saturday challenge!
The theme for this week is - Shades of Easter! We've had a few (only a few) spring like days here in Ohio and it's got me thinking about Easter so I found some spring color inspiration for this week:
Three Room Studio doesn't have a specific Easter set but I was just looking for something with multiple similar images that I could pull some of these colors from and decided on the fairies from Believe in Fairies for my card:
I never really noticed how perfectly all three fairies "fit" together on a card front!
I started by creating a background using a circle stencil (you could also create your own stencil from a circle nesting die) and blending with Distress Oxide Inks (I used Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade).
Next I stamped and colored each of the fairies taking my color inspiration from the Easter Egg image. I liked how some of the Easter eggs had white flowers painted on them so I used the star cluster image from the same set to white heat emboss stars onto their dresses.
My final touch was adding stickles to their wings. I didn't want to cover the entire wing so I just added a glob (very technical crafting term) at each wing base and spread it out using an old paint brush.
Rules for our Challenge:
1. Please mention the Three Room Studio Saturday Challenge in your post and provide a link so that others can join our challenge too.
2. Please link to your blog post and NOT your entire blog.
3. Your project must be new - no back links please. Only ONE entry per challenge.
4. The challenge will close at midnight GMT/7:00 pm Eastern Time on Fridays.
5. You may combine this challenge with other challenges.
6. Please turn off word verification so that we may comment on your card more easily. We realize a lot of you use it for safety reasons. We will do our best to leave comments for each of our challenge participants, however, trying to figure out those letters and numbers can be very frustrating! We strongly suggest using comment moderation as a friendlier alternative.
7. Colour challenges - you must use all the colours specified in the challenge. As well as the challenge colours, you can usually use neutrals - white, black, grey, cream and small amounts of brown, but no other colours at all. The host for the challenge may sometimes give different requirements, so please check each post.
8. Sketch challenges - you can flip or spin the sketch, and change the proportions and shapes, as long as we can still see the basic sketch in your card. Again, the host may sometimes give different requirements, so please check each post.
We would LOVE for you to play along with our Three Room Studio stamps and products but you are more than welcome to use other companies to participate.
OUR PRIZE: One lucky participant per month will be WIN a $15 gift certificate to the Three Room Studio shop!